How to Avoid Weight Gain While on Vacation
in Vacaville

Weight Loss Vacaville CA lady-in-mountains

Even when your vacation is only for a week, there's a possibility that you'll gain extra pounds that could linger for weeks. This occurrence is not surprising since vacations can present you with opportunities to indulge in foods and beverages here and there. If this remains unsolved, then surely anyone going on a vacation is bound to gain weight.

To help you prevent from going home with an "excess baggage" on your body, then here are some tips from Vacaville Doctors that you should keep in mind.


Five Tips To Keep The Weight off while on Vacation in Vacaville

  • Stay hydrated - It's important to always drink plenty of water when you're on vacation. You're going to spend minutes and hours under the sun so you're likely to become dehydrated. Not only does water rehydrate you, but it can also be beneficial for your overall health.
    • Also, water can help reduce your hunger and can even fight off fatigue. Keep in mind to not only practice this habit when on vacation but also when you're just casually chilling in your home as well.
  • Be mindful of what you eat - There are times that binge eating is unavoidable so it's best to always practice the 90/10 rule. This rule dictates that you should consider 90% to be healthy choices while the remaining 10% can be used on indulgent choices.
    • It's best to always include whole foods like salads, healthy fats, healthy proteins, and fresh vegetables in your vacation meals. These food choices can make your tummy happy and keep you from craving junk foods.
  • Ease up on your hardcore diet - Even though you're following a strict diet when at home, perhaps you should tone it down a little when you're on vacation. In fact, if you're following a complicated one, it's possible that you'll have a hard time doing it when you're not at home. You can avoid such complications by simply focusing on eating 7 servings of vegetables each day particularly when you're away. It will help remove any pressure on dieting and will let you have fun at the same time. This will also make you cut down your consumption on unhealthy foods.
  • Skip the buffet - All-you-can-eat buffets are barely avoidable because of the delicious foods that are being presented. However, these delicious foods are loaded with calories and if you mindlessly indulge on them, you won't realize what you're putting in your body until it's too late. You can simply avoid all this but if you don't, just make sure to focus on the salad bar and load up your plate with fruits, vegetables, and high-quality protein.
  • Insert physical activity into your itinerary - To rev up your heart rate, you should add in a couple of exercises apart from the usual sightseeing. You can do simple exercises like walking, running, or cycling during your vacation so that you won't end up being inactive. If that's not your thing, look for fun activities in the area that requires you to be more physical and enough to keep your body challenged.

Remember, vacations are a getaway that everyone needs to unwind and become distant from the pressures of society. Even though it's all fun and games, people should still look into their health. If you need some more help on your weight and want to lose a portion of it, then don't hesitate to get in touch with Dr. Alex Tam and his clinic at Vacaville Weight Loss. This health center specializes in helping people lose a few extra pounds and his programs are sure to get those calories burning.

OFFICE HOURS


Monday
9:00am - 12:00pm
2:00pm - 6:00pm


Tuesday
9:00am - 12:00pm
2:00pm - 6:00pm


Wednesday
9:00am - 12:00pm
2:00pm - 6:00pm


Thursday
9:00am - 12:00pm
2:00pm - 6:00pm


Friday
9:00am - 12:00pm
2:00pm - 6:00pm


Saturday
Closed

Vacaville Weight Loss
1490 Alamo Drive Suite A
Vacaville, CA 95687
(707) 452-3377